Okay so from my own small mind I have realized that there have been some trends ranging from 01/01/2016 till now. Some of these trends I have partaken in and some which I saw my friends with as my parents think they are very “DEMONIC” and also very “UNNECESSARY”. Well what will a Nigerian teenager do in these times? So… yes let me give you my top 20 trends for now. N/B: – This is not in any order; it is just how my mind speaks to me.
- MMM: This trend was very irritating as a lot of people participated in this. This led to suicide, homicide, theft and a lot of other ills. If I decide to ask the first 20 people who pass by me on a particular street in P.H City I can bet above all things that not up to 27.8% of them would know. Some would say Make More Money; others would say Money Making Machine. The actual truth is that it means Mavrodi Mondial Movement. Aaaahh!! Now you know. Some very ignorant ones think it was started by an Igbo man, but my people it is a Russian man that began this movement. Well, it was not all in the negative. Some very “sharp” people as the Warri people would term it became thousandnaires, millionaires and even billionaires… This trend even led to short comedy skits, songs (believe me, it has songs), social media hash tags and so on. It was such a thrill for Nigeria.
- The second one would be the #KenyaVs.Nigera Twitter war: This one has a lot of pictures that would save me the stress of typing. I’ll just post some of my favourite pictures. No! No! No! Seriously Africans can fight. Just because of small something they started getting verbal and graphical. OH MY GOOD GOD! I am proud to be an African. That’s all let me show you the pictures.
- My third option should be chokers: Ooh!La!La! This is one trend that I really wish would never pass away. On a second thought, I wish it would. Some ladies rock this look and they look drop, dead gorgeous. On the other hand some look like muttley from wacky races. I bet Scooby Doo would rock some chokers better than some ladies do. These are the kind of girls that the Igbos call “Mgbeke” . My sisters in the Lord, this trend is awesome, lovely, possibly sexy: but please do know how to wear it… I have spoken and I hope you have heard.This picture explains what I mean both ways.
- Yes!!! Now, let me talk about the one that my dad detests so much. Wait, did I just say detest? That is so wrong he L-O-A-T-H-E-S it so very much. This is the Snapchat dog filter.His main reason though is utterly biblical #preacherskid. You know Proverbs 26:11 says” Asa dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness. English Standard Version Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.” Yes that is his main reason. Anyhow I still like taking pictures with this filter cause it totally looks good.
- The last one for today would be Adidas Superstar: This is one footwear that I really like. The only annoying thing about it is that almost everyone possesses it. If you wear it to PH Mall, you’ll see it there. If you wear it to Genesis Deluxe Cinema Port Harcourt, you’ll see someone wearing it there. Even outside Rivers State, if you go to Shoprite( any of the branches) you must see a fella wearing it. My people it is enough there are other shoes to wear, so please wear ém.
That would be all for today though, tomorrow the next five will be coming up. Just wait on it…